Monday, November 30, 2015

Scratch Game Design

User experience influenced my game because when I was creating my game I pictured myself as the player to improve, change, and even create my game! It also influenced my game because I didn't just only want to make a game, but a fun and interesting one! I want my players to be engaged in my game and have them want to keep playing or play again! I want my players to understand my game and know how to play when they click the start button. I hope that everyone that plays my game will have a fun, interesting, and engaging while playing my game! 





There were many different and similar games! All of the games I played had a scoreboard, a timer and sprites. Although all the games had their own way of the sprites to chase each other. For example, some games had it where you had to make it a certain amount of time without touching the chaser and each couple of seconds you score and when you touch the chaser you lose. Others had it where you had to make a certain amount of points before the time runs out. Overall I thought that each game was fun and interesting!




My best code was my sprite to bounce up and come back down with gravity. It made my sprite more realistic and fun to play with. My most difficult bug fix was when I was trying to make my sprite move with the arrows but it wasn’t working. I double-checked it to see what was wrong but everything looked fine. I then realized that I had made one small mistake and it caused me to redo the whole code.

9 comments:

  1. Good jog with the point system but the ball is a little fast and the dino is not smooth but ya good job with the effort

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job with the ball point. Next time try and make the sprite move faster and smother. Great job with the code.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job with the score board and the timer
    The ball was a good speed but the dino wasn't smooth or fast enough
    Your sprites were cute, and your game was creative :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job making your artificial intelligence for the ball
    It seemed to me like the ball was to fast and the dino was to slow try adding more steps for the dino and less for the ball
    Overall great job with you chase game!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the game! I would put the "stop all" block so that the timer stops after you win. I also like the concept.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your sprite of how its a soccer ball but maybe you should add another sprite to win the game but its super fun and awsome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your game smoothly moves and you have some interesting sprites. Although, I don't know if I'm going to win or not, I'm just basically standing on the platforms. You can add a square that takes you to the next level. Overall, everything is working great. I've been to that situation but I figured a way to make my person win so I know you can to.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like how your arrow keys moved and worked smoothly!
    Although, I noticed that I didn't have enough time to get to the purple box because of how slow I was moving and I didn't see the box anywhere.
    I also like the sprite and backdrop you used, CREATIVE, YET SIMPLE!

    ReplyDelete