Thursday, September 17, 2015

Comedy Writing

A sense of humor is an important character trait. If you have a sense of humor you make people laugh and laughing is one of the things you need to do to have a great life. Also people with a sense of humor can cheer other people up if they are feeling down. That is important because making people happy is awesome! Finally it is important because if you have happy laughing people next to you, you will probably be happy as well!

There are many tips in writing a humorous narrative. One tip that I think is important in writing comedy is to make your writing relatable. If its not relatable people won't get it and they wont think it is as funny as you might. Another tip is to make sure its not to complicated for people to understand. Pretend that you are trying to get a kindergartener to understand it. Third tip is to use expression when talking. Fourth tip is to make sure your writing isn't offensive or inappropriate for anyone. Your final tip is to make sure your writing is actually funny! Test it out on a friend! Read it to them and ask for there honest opinion and suggestions.

My comedic monologue is basically about my mom telling me to clean my room. In the first and second line when it says "I hate it when my mom tells me to clean my room or make my bed because people are coming over for dinner. It’s like oh I didn't realize we would be eating off the floor in my room." it is funny because we won't be eating off the floor and because my room doesn't need to look nice if people are coming over because we wouldn't be in my room. In the last two lines when it says "Why can’t I get paid to clean my own room? I clean my room sometimesActually I never clean my room and I never will so never mind." it is funny because I state that I clean my room sometimes then I admit that I actually never clean my room and that I never will.

No comments:

Post a Comment