Friday, September 4, 2015

Motivational Poster

There are two types of requirements for your Motivational Poster, Layer Requirements and Design Requirements. In the Layer Requirements you have to have two text layers including one of your manifesto and the other of your personal quotes. In Layer Requirements you also have four image layers including three symbolic images that represent who you are and one portrait of your face. In Design Requirements you have to use kerning on both of your text layers all the way across the page so that there is no blank spaces or holes. You also have to use the triadic color scheme and visual balance to make the text appealing. Finally you have to use blending options on your text layers and adjustment layers on your four images.

First I copy and pasted my Personal Quotes and Manifesto into a text box. Then I went to finder and imported my three #GTSYMS and my portrait. Next I aligned my pictures to fit the screen in a creative way. Fourth I started to kern my text such as adjusting the spacing between letters and words. Next I started to use stoke to change the colors of the text. Then I used drop shadow and inner shadow to create a shadow of the text. Then I started to apply adjustment layers and blending options.

My biggest challenge in this project was to kern the text so that there is no open space. It was hard because sometimes if I made a word bigger to fit to the other side of the page it would put half of the word on the other line. It was also hard because I had two text layers and I had to find out how to make them fit together without overlapping them. I could improve by fitting the words to the edge of the page. I could also improve by making the two text layers fit against each other perfectly without overlapping.



No comments:

Post a Comment